2017 Community Supported Agriculture Season
For more information, call 360.849.4145 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a CSA? (copied from http://www.localharvest.org/)
Over the last 20 years, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) has become a popular way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer. Here are the basics: a farmer offers a certain number of "shares" to the public. Typically the share consists of a box of vegetables, but other farm products may be included. Interested consumers purchase a share (aka a "membership" or a "subscription") and in return receive a box (bag, basket) of seasonal produce each week throughout the farming season. This arrangement creates several rewards for both the farmer and the consumer. In brief...
Advantages for farmers:
- Get to spend time marketing the food early in the year, before their 16 hour days in the field begin
- Receive payment early in the season, which helps with the farm's cash flow
- Have an opportunity to get to know the people who eat the food they grow
Advantages for consumers:
- Eat ultra-fresh food, with all the flavor and vitamin benefits
- Get exposed to new vegetables and new ways of cooking
- Visit the farm at least once a season
- Find that kids typically favor food from "their" farm – even veggies they've never been known to eat
- Develop a relationship with the farmer who grows their food and learn more about how food is grown
How long is the season? What size share should I get:
Stockhouse's Farm is offering produce subscriptions for our 12th year. We follow organic and sustainable practices in growing of our produce. The 2017 season is 22 weeks, beginning in late May through mid October . A big share provides ample vegetables for 2 or more people. A little share is ample for 1-2 people (or more, depending on your appetite!). A big share contains 8 or more items, the little share contains 4 or more items per week. Items and number of items vary with the season. We strive for good variety throughout the season.
What are my responsibilities?
Much hard work goes into growing, harvesting and preparing your shares. It is the responsibility of the shareholder to pick up their share on the designated day and time. If the share is not picked up in a timely manner, the share for that week is forfeited. It is understood that due to the nature of farming and the local climate, variety and quantity may vary. As the season progresses, vegetables are likely to be more abundant.
Pick Up Locations
Pick up at Stockhouse's Farm: Friday 3-6:00 p.m. May 26 through October 20, 2017
Pick up in Knappa, OR, at Two Old Goats Feed Store and in Astoria at the North Coast Food Web, Wednesday after noon until store closing time. May 24 through October 18, 2017.
Other pick up locations may be arranged when there are 5 or more subscribers at any one location.
Remember: If your share is not picked up on the designated pick-up day and time you will forfeit your share for that week.
Share Prices and Payment Options
(Same price as 2016)
Pick up at Stockhouse's Farm: (22 weeks)
Large share: $580.00 ($551.00 if paid (postmarked) in one lump sum by March 1)
Small share: $435.00 ($413.25 if paid (postmarked) in one lump sum by March 1)
Pick up all other locations: (22 weeks)
Large share: $725.00 ($688.75 if paid (postmarked) in one lump sum by March 1)
Small share: $580.00 ($551.00 if paid (postmarked) in one lump sum by March 1)
Pay in one lump sum by March 1, 2017 and receive a 5% discount. We take major credit cards.
Pay in one-month intervals by sending all your pre-dated checks with your first payment. Spread the payments out over a four-month period. Write four checks and send them with your first check. Pre-date each check one month apart, making equal payments with each check. First check is due (postmarked) March 1, second check is dated April 1, third check is dated May 1 and fourth check is dated June 1.
Click here to download a printable version of the CSA Subscriber Contract
- Large share, picked up at Stockhouse's Farm: each check is written for $145.00
- Small share, picked up at Stockhouse's Farm: each check is written for $108.75
- Large share, picked up at other locations: each check is written for $181.25
- Small share, picked up at other locations: each check is written for $145.00